If you believe you are a victim of fraud, please contact us at the following numbers:
Nacogdoches County (936) 715-4100
Angelina County (936) 633-5800
Toll Free (800) 723-7601
Complete the CBTx Identity Theft Affidavit and return it to any of the 11 CBTx Banking Centers.
Identity theft is a growing problem, and telemarketing scams are on the rise. As an account holder you should be cautious of giving any personal or financial information out to anyone. If you are interested in what the telemarketer is offering, it is always a good idea to check with the Better Business Bureau to find out if the person might be representing a potential scam.
Here are a few things you can do to help keep your information safe:
- If a teller or store clerk asks to see your driver's license for ID verification, you should gladly offer it. You may be a long-time customer, but the employee is just making sure for your safety and benefit.
- Make a copy of every card and license in your wallet. Copy both sides so you will have the customer service number in case of loss. Then store this in a safe place.
- Do not give your PIN, account numbers or routing numbers to anyone.
- Study your bills carefully and question any suspicious charges immediately.
- Make sure you properly dispose of financial information by shedding or tearing it up.
- Report lost or stolen cards immediately.
- Call the national credit reporting organizations to place a fraud alert on your name and Social Security number if they are stolen.
Social Security Administration Fraud Line (800) 680-0271